Congratulations on being a candidate for Baptism at Union Baptist Church. This document contains general information and instructions regarding your baptism. Please read it in its entirety.
- Date and Time
- You will be notified of your baptism date and time by letter once it is scheduled.
- Baptismal Attire and Preparation
- You may either dress at home or dress once you arrive at church. Please wear or bring a white sweatsuit and white socks (if you cannot find white, gray will do) and wear dark underwear under your sweatsuit. Ladies should also bring a white swim cap, shower cap, or other white covering to keep hair from getting wet. If you dress for baptism at home, please do not forget to bring a change of clothing, including undergarments, so that you can change into dry clothing following baptism.
- You must wear a mask while in the church building. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided.
- We will ask you to remove watches, earrings, and other jewelry before entering the baptismal pool and leave these items with a relative or friend, and to not wear make-up.
- You will be asked to come to the Deacons Office, 1B, approximately one (1) hour prior to the time of your scheduled baptism. When you arrive a deacon or deaconess will assist you and give you additional information and instructions.
- Who May Attend
- You may invite family members and close friends to witness this great event in your life and to celebrate it with you. But, please inform your guest(s) that we will practice social distancing and that they will be required to wear a mask while in the church building.
Again, congratulations on making this most important decision to walk with the Lord. We look forward to walking with you on this journey.